Faith and Photography Contest
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
With the blessing of our Hierarchs, we are pleased to announce a new
opportunity for the youth of our church to express their faith.
The Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry wants to
encourage youth and young adults to explore their creative talents
and to glorify God through art, with the 3rd Annual Ukrainian Orthodox
Church Faith and Photography Contest.
Part of our mission, is to provide youth and college aged young adults
the opportunity to become more involved with their faith, while
showcasing the talented and creative youth we have within in our
Ukrainian Orthodox Churches. We want our youth to realize that
having fun and utilizing creativity can be manifested in a project that
shows how they correlate their life with their faith.
Provided in this packet are the rules and entry information for the
contest. We ask that you encourage all youth and college students to
participate. Deadline for entries is November 15. Prizes will be awarded
for first and second place. To broaden the experience and best utilize
social media, we will be allowing individuals to view the submissions
on-line and vote for their favorite! A People's Choice winner will be
awarded in each category.
Questions about the contest may be made to the Office of Youth &
Young Adult Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natalie Kapeluck Nixon
Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
How the Contest Works!
This year the topic is the same for all age
Entrants will be judged within their age category
Make sure to review the rules and regulations to
make sure your photo makes the grade.
Submitt your photo by November 15 to
email@example.com with the needed entry form.
The photos will be displayed onine until December
1st. At that time our winners and runners-up will
The world is also able to vote! On-line voting will
be accepted for a Peoples's Choice Winner!
Age Groups and Topic
This year the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the
USA is celebrating 100 years in the USA. Take a
photo of something or someone in your parish
that shows a special aspect of the history of
YOUR parish. Explain how this photo tells a
special story about the history of your parish.
Ages 6-9 Younger Children:
Ages 10-12 Older Children:
Ages 13-18 Teenagers:
Ages 18-22 College Aged Students:
1st Place Winners will receive a custom
Christmas Ornament of your winning photo and
and a $40 Amazon Gift Card! Use of the
winning photos will be used as a profile image
on one of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the
USA social media sites and featured in the
Ukrainian Orthodox Word.
2nd Place Winners will receive an Amazon Gift
All participants will receive a small gift of
thanks for their participation!
Rules and Regulations
1. Inappropriate language or images will not be tolerated in the submissions. (i.e. no photo should be taken in the bathroom/restroom)
2. The parent/guardian of the contestant should not be responsible for taking the photo. By entering the contest, entrant represents,
acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not
infringe on the copyrights, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has an right, title, claim or interest in
3. There is no limit as to where you can take the photo as long as it is in accordance with rule #1 (i.e., in church, Outside, inside, park)
4. If the individuals, other than family members, are in the photo a media consent form (provided in this packet) should be signed by the
individual or their parent if under the age of 18.
5. The participant should provide an explanation of the photo, what the photo means to them and how it correlates to the topic/theme.
(elementary:1-2 sentences) (middle/secondary: 2-3) (high school/college: 3-4 sentences)
6. Theme should be identifiable (not a small and/or hard to miss detail).
7. Photo should have special meaning to the contestant.
8. We are not responsible for any loss of photo. The photo submission should be sent to Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry at
9. The photo must be in digital format. Any digital enhancements to the original photograph are unacceptable and will render the photograph
ineligible for an award.
10. All submissions must be either JPEG or PNG file formats.
11. All submissions must be at least 1600 pixels wide (or tall if a vertical image) , but 2,048 pixels is preferred
12. Final day for submissions is November 15, 2018.
13. Contestant are willing to release rights to the photo to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA for use in future publications not limited
to print and social media.
Entry Deadline November 15, 2018
Voting for People's Choice Begins
View last year's winners!